NEW WORLD VISION

 


It has gotten warm - this time we went to the Kanigóra Reserve. It's early spring, so you can still walk in the forest quite easily - then when the blackberries "start" it will be hard and thorny. 
The area is quite wet. Oaks and hornbeams predominately. It is the usual group - us (me and Asia - my wife) and Gosia and Andrzej (Professorship 😊)


From left: Asia i Małgosia

Andrzej



From the first moments in the Reserve, I was impressed by the fact that fallen trees are not removed. They lie there, rotting, covered with moss and fungi - in short, a great habitat for many organisms, and a field to discover for the photographer.


Over time, only remnants lying in the mud remain.





Quite a lot of early spring flowers. Snowdrops, Gagea lutea, known as the yellow star-of-Bethlehem, anemones reign and wood sorel (flowers) begins.

Snowdrops

Anemon

Snowdrops

Gagea lutea

wood sorrel - bud


And it already seemed like a really beautiful and almost idyllic trip when, out of the blue, Małgosia turned my perception of the world upside down. 😱

So far, I was convinced that the yellow flowers growing with the white Anemones were also Anemones, but the yellow variety, and here's a surprise - it's an lesser celandine??!! (I am maliciously comforted by the fact that she couldn't remember the name for quite a long time) - also called pilewort.
Of course, there are yellow anemones - but it's not their season yet. 
 

My vision of the world was ruined 😢


Pilewort


Here (below) for a change - a "real" yellow anemone - in the photo together with a white one.


White and yellow anemone - archival photo


Well, I must admit that it is different 😐 - Although I do it very reluctantly 😉, so what - don't let him think....
There were so many flowers that sometimes several species grew next to each other.
 
From left: Gagea lutea, snowdrop and pilewort



After some time, we started looking at the fallen, mossy tree trunks. There we found a different world and many topics for photos.

Below are some more interesting ones.

First, the Plaited door snail (Cochlodina laminata)- a snail - although at first I thought it was some kind of pupa.

Cochlodina laminata


At one point, we noticed a small red dot moving quite quickly along the trunk - it's the Velvet Mite - Trombidium holosericeum  (I found the name on the Internet). It's terribly small - about 2-3 mm, it moves quickly so it's quite difficult to photograph - but it's there.

Velvet Mite

Velvet Mite


We also found a slime mold - with an interesting shape.


Slime mold


And a lot of mushrooms growing on trees. I was interested in one - something like fire fungus, but I'm not sure.
The name, as usual, found on the Internet (always some science)


Fire fungus


I've written down a bit.


Some people call it vena or inspiration, but in my opinion it's Whiskey on ice 😎

Another trip soon

 


Photos:  Marek Czubaszek

Comments

Popular Posts